Trauma treatment center in Jacksonville, Florida
Orange Park Medical Center is proud to provide high-quality trauma care to patients who require specialized emergency services. Our board-certified doctors, specialists and critical care nurses work together to provide comprehensive, life-saving care 24/7.
We offer the only state-recognized Level II Trauma Center in Clay County, Florida. As a Level II Trauma Center, our trauma specialists provide a high level of care to patients with critical conditions. Our standards and performance are also regularly reviewed by the Florida Department of Health.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
Why patients trust us for their trauma care
Our trauma specialists have the training and expertise needed to provide life-saving care to patients with critical illnesses and injuries. Patients in Orange Park and Jacksonville, Florida, trust our Level II Trauma Center for their trauma care because we offer:
- 24-hour access to emergency physicians, general surgeons and anesthesiologists
- A coordinated partnership with our prehospital emergency medical services (EMS) teams, both ground rescue and helicopter
- A full staff of trauma surgeons and trauma-trained nurses, available 24/7
- A smooth transfer process of patients from our main emergency room (ER) and our free-standing ERs
- Advanced emergency surgical services, available 24/7
- Fast access to experts specializing in orthopedic care, neurological care and pediatric care
- Fast response for resuscitations and stabilizations of patients with critical injuries
- Imaging services and diagnostic radiology, available 24/7
- Support services, such as physical therapy and access to social workers and case managers
- Trauma prevention education programs through community events
- Two dedicated trauma resuscitation bays in our hospital's ER
Our trauma specialists
Our trauma department is proud to participate in the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma to support optimal patient outcomes. Our multispecialty team of trauma specialists works together to provide patients with excellent care.
Some of the providers that make up our trauma program include:
- A dedicated trauma psychologist who assists and supports patients and their families, from admission through recovery
- A multispecialty team of emergency medicine physicians, radiologists, orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons—all trained in trauma care
- Trauma surgeons and trauma-trained nurses offering expert, life-saving care around the clock