Pediatric clinic near Jacksonville, Florida
Whether your child requires a few stitches or an advanced surgery, Orange Park Medical Center in Clay County, Florida, has you covered. Our experienced pediatric physicians and nurses offer specialized, round-the-clock care to children of all ages, from newborns to teenagers, in a comfortable, kid-friendly environment.
Do you have a child in need of specialized, compassionate care? Contact someone in our pediatric unit at (904) 639-2660.
Why families choose Orange Park Medical Center for pediatric care
The specialists on our pediatric team believe that children are unique and deserve high-quality, specialized care. We know that going to the hospital can be a frightening experience for children. That's why our pediatric physicians and nurses care as much about pediatric medicine as they do about keeping kids and their families calm and informed.
Families trust Orange Park Medical Center with their children's healthcare because we offer a wide range of compassionate pediatric services, including:
- 24/7 life-saving care offered at our emergency rooms (ERs), pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) and pediatric inpatient unit
- 24/7 visitation permitted at our PICU and pediatric inpatient unit
- A play area with child-sized furniture and toys
- A Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for infants who require additional medical care following birth
- Child-friendly artwork and décor in our dedicated pediatric floor
- Child-friendly menu options for our young patients and visitors
- Dedicated pediatric physicians and specially trained pediatric nurses and respiratory therapists
- Intimate, individualized care with low nurse-to-patient ratios
- Pediatric general surgery services and specialized surgical procedures
- Pediatric sedation services for inpatient and outpatient diagnostic imaging
- Pediatric specialty services, including telecardiology, endocrinology and adolescent psychology
If you need to contact a member of our team in the pediatric ER, please call (904) 639-2091.
Pediatric wing images
Pediatric conditions we treat
Our pediatric specialists offer advanced, specialized care and immediate interventions to children experiencing a wide range of medical conditions and injuries. Some of the conditions we commonly treat in children include:
- Abdominal and gastrointestinal conditions
- Asthma and respiratory infections
- Emergency conditions, such as injuries and allergic reactions
- Endocrinological disorders, including diabetes
Pediatric emergency care
When serious injuries or illnesses occur, you can trust Orange Park Medical Center to provide excellent emergency care. From allergy treatments to fracture care, our dedicated pediatric emergency physicians and nurses offer fast, effective treatment to meet our youngest patients' immediate needs.
Our inpatient pediatric unit and pediatric intensive care unit
Orange Park Medical Center is home to an inpatient pediatric unit and a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) where we offer 24/7 advanced monitoring, observation and treatments to children with serious health conditions and injuries. Our unit includes eight private pediatric beds, four ICU beds and two step down rooms. We are also staffed with specially trained nurses and pediatric intensivists.
Our PICU and pediatric inpatient unit provide a wide range of services and amenities to children of all ages, including large private rooms and child-friendly artwork and décor. We also offer toys, books, games and a DVD player with a movie library for children to enjoy in their rooms and in our playroom between treatments.
We believe that family involvement promotes healing and recovery. That's why we offer 24/7 visitation and welcome parents to spend the night with their children while they are in our care. If you would like to learn more about our pediatric inpatient services, you can call our PICU at (904) 639-2662
Pediatric diagnostic testing
We offer a wide range of diagnostics tests, imaging services and outpatient sedation services for our young patients. Some of the diagnostic tests we offer include:
- Bone scan
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA) scan
- Echocardiography (ECHO)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Meckle scan
- Nuclear medicine
- Radioisotope renography (renogram)
- Voiding cystourethrogram (VCUG)
To schedule an appointment with our outpatient sedation and diagnostic testing team, call (904) 639-2110.
Our pediatric surgeons provide a variety of surgical services for patients of all ages, from newborns to teens. We use minimally invasive surgical options whenever possible. Some of the pediatric surgical procedures we offer include:
- Abdominal and gastrointestinal surgery
- Cardiopulmonary surgery
- Congenital disorder surgical corrections on newborns
- Hernia and hydrocele repairs
- Neuromuscular and spine surgery
- Orthopedic surgery and fracture care
- Tumor removal