Emergency medicine near Jacksonville, Florida
When you or a family member faces a serious injury or illness, you want emergency care you can trust close to home. For more than 45 years, Orange Park Medical Center has provided high-quality emergency care to patients in Orange Park and the greater Jacksonville, FL area. With emergency rooms (ERs) in three locations, patients can find the convenient care they need when they need it most.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Life-saving emergency care at Orange Park
When it comes to emergency care, every second matters. At Orange Park Medical Center, we are dedicated to providing effective treatment as quickly as possible. We can urgently treat any emergency that arrives at our doors. The main ER on our hospital's campus offers:
- 24/7 care and short wait times
- A five-bed triage room to assess expectant mothers
- Compassionate care for mental health emergencies
- ERs staffed by board-certified physicians, nurses and clinical staff certified in emergency medicine and emergency nursing
- Nationally certified stroke services
- On-site laboratory testing and imaging services, including X-rays, ultrasounds and computerized tomography (CT) scans
- Pediatric emergency care
- The only state-recognized Level II Trauma Center in Clay County offering expert trauma care to patients with critical injuries and illnesses
Emergency conditions we commonly treat
Our ER, located on our hospital's campus, and our two freestanding ERs are open 24/7, including holidays. Our emergency specialists treat a wide range of medical conditions and symptoms, including:
- Abdominal pain and severe gastrointestinal conditions
- Chest pain and heart attacks
- High fevers
- Severe allergic reactions and infections
Our freestanding ERs
Emergencies can't wait. That’s why we bring emergency care to the communities we serve. We have two freestanding ERs: our Park West ER, located on 103rd Street just east of 295, and our Normandy Park ER, located just east of the Lane Avenue and Normandy Boulevard intersection.
Our freestanding ERs offer:
- 24/7 emergency care at newly opened and renovated facilities
- Around-the-clock care from emergency-trained physicians and nurses
- Fast, effective care for any type of serious illness or injury
- On-site imaging and radiology services
Heart attack care
Our ER offers fast and effective heart care from skilled cardiac specialists. When patients come to us with heart attack symptoms, we evaluate and treat them using advanced diagnostic services and life-saving emergency interventions. Also, our door-to-balloon times for heart attack treatment are below the national average.
Immediate stroke treatment is essential. The more time gone without treatment, the longer the brain is deprived of crucial blood flow and oxygen. Our multidisciplinary team is trained and experienced in providing fast, effective stroke care. Our staff uses advanced technology to diagnose and treat stroke rapidly and aggressively.
Orange Park Medical Center is home to the only state-recognized Level II Trauma Center in Clay County, Florida. Our trauma specialists have the training and expertise needed to provide life-saving care to patients with critical illnesses and injuries.
As a Level II Trauma Center, we deliver a high level of care to patients with critical conditions. Our standards and performance are also regularly reviewed by the Florida Department of Health.
Pediatric emergency care
When children get injured or seriously ill, their families can trust our ERs to provide the best emergency care possible. Our doctors understand that adult-sized care is not a good fit for children.
Families who choose us can expect:
- A kid-friendly atmosphere with bright and colorful décor
- Minimal wait times
- Pediatric emergency spaces, specifically designed for children
Orange Park Medical Center is a Comprehensive Stroke Center. Additionally, our program has received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines—Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite.