Medical weight loss center in Orange Park, Florida
If you're affected by obesity, you know managing your weight and improving your health can be difficult. However, we want you to know you're not alone.
If you struggle to lose weight through dieting, exercise and medication, weight loss surgery may be an effective solution. At Orange Park Medical Center, we offer a comprehensive weight loss surgery program featuring a wide range of safe and highly effective surgical options.
Are you interested in surgical weight loss? To discuss your options with our Consult-A-Nurse® team, call (800) 889-3627.
What is bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery, also known as weight loss surgery, is usually performed on patients who are struggling with obesity. Our weight loss procedures work by altering the digestive process and/or reducing the amount of food the stomach can hold. Bariatric surgery often results in sustained weight loss and helps prevent obesity-related health conditions, such as Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and stroke.
Weight loss surgeries we offer
Our bariatric surgeon performs a variety of weight loss surgeries, including:
- Gastric balloon—a procedure involving a balloon-type device that is temporarily placed inside the stomach, causing patients to feel full faster
- Gastric banding—a type of weight loss surgery where a band is placed around the upper part of the stomach to decrease stomach size and reduce food intake
- Gastric sleeve—a procedure where a portion of the stomach is removed so that the new, smaller stomach helps patients feel full after eating smaller meals
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass—a common weight loss procedure that involves using a small part of the stomach to create a new, smaller pouch to change how the stomach and small intestine handle food
- Weight loss surgery revisions—procedures involving the conversion of previous bariatric surgeries to improve, correct or repair procedures that did not produce satisfactory results
Our surgeons also use robotic surgical technology to perform some of our weight loss procedures. Robotic surgery allows surgeons to perform complex procedures with greater precision and smaller incisions.
What to expect on your weight loss surgery journey
We understand that the decision to get bariatric surgery is life altering. That's why our skilled and compassionate bariatric surgery team supports patients every step of the way. We are committed to providing personalized care and attention. We want patients to be as prepared and as comfortable as possible for surgery and their new lives.
To help guide patients through this process, we've created a step-by-step plan. We recommend the following for potential weight loss surgery candidates:
- Contact our Consult-A-Nurse team at (800) 889-3627
- Attend a free information session
- Complete pre-assessment forms
- Meet with a registered dietitian
- Meet with our bariatric surgeon
- Check-in for surgery
Future weight loss surgery information sessions
Bariatric surgery is a service we're expanding at our hospital. We hope to offer free information seminars to patients who are interested in bariatric surgery in the near future.
For information about upcoming classes with Orange Park Medical Center, visit our class calendar.