A safe emergency room experience
We know how important it is for our patients to have their loved ones with them while they receive medical care. As we balance that need with the need to keep everyone safe, we are following this temporary visitation policy:
- No visitors in the emergency room
- One designated visitor between the hours of 8:30am–8:30pm for all inpatients not in isolation. It is required that the one designated visitor be the same visitor throughout the day.
- One designated visitor for obstetric patients. It is required that the one designated visitor be the same visitor throughout the patient's stay.
- Two designated visitors allowed for NICU patients. It is required that the two designated visitors be the same visitors throughout the baby's stay.
- No visitors for patients in isolation due to an infectious disease, including but not limited to COVID–19.
- No children
- No overnight visitors, with the exception obstetrics, patient advocates post-surgery and end-of-life or hospice patients
- Virtual visitation options are available for patients in isolation
You may enter through the ER or main entrance. Visitors whose loved ones are having surgery should accompany them through the dedicated surgical services entrance.
We recommend and encourage virtual communication with loved ones through the use of digital platforms and apps like FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, etc.