We are looking for volunteers to fill the following areas immediately: gift shop (Mon – Fri) & mobile cart drivers.
We have several additional opportunities for service as well. Please contact us below.
Orange Park Medical Center’s Auxilians come from all walks of life. Some are former school teachers, nurses, realtors, business executives and accountants. They love giving of themselves to support their community.
The hospital’s Auxiliary was founded in 1974. These charity-minded men and women have donated countless hours of service to the hospital.
The Auxiliary’s Mission
The Auxiliary will render aid and comfort to the patients of Orange Park Medical Center, to offer assistance to patients’ families and all visitors of the hospital through charitable endeavors that benefit patients and the people within the service area of the hospital through ways approved or proposed by the Governing Board of the medical center.
The Auxiliary’s major fundraising efforts are:
- The Gift Shop
- Jewelry Sales
- Book Sales
Auxiliary Funded Projects
- Patient First Initiatives
- Academic Scholarships
Opportunities For Service
- Day Surgery Nurses Desk
- ER Department
- Patient Assistant
- Gift Shop
- Imaging Center
- Family Assistance-ICU/CCU/CVICU Waiting Room
- Spiritual Care
- ER Information Desk
- Front Information Desk
- Guest Services/Patient Relations
- Mobile Escort
- Patient Escort
Meeting & Awards
The Auxiliary holds three general meetings and one annual meeting each year. Auxilians receive service pins for 100 hours of service and a pin guard for each additional 500 hours. Anniversaries are celebrated in five year increments. Social activities include an annual installation dinner and a recognition dinner to honor volunteers each April sponsored by the hospital. They also hold monthly birthday celebrations.
To become an active member of the Auxiliary, you must:
- Complete an application form
- Interview with on an Auxilian/Director of Volunteer Services
- Attend orientation
- Pay $5.00 annual dues (TAV’s are exempt)
- Be assigned to a service and receive comprehensive training under the supervision of a seasoned volunteer
- Earn a minimum of 4 hours of active duty each week
- Commitment of at least one year’s service
- Be at least 21 years of age