Northeast Florida Healthcare Coalition For Disaster Preparedness is pleased to announce that their Board of Directors have elected Rich Ward, Safety and Security Director at the Orange Park Medical Center, as the next Chair of the Board.
Richard Ward was elected during the June Board Meeting and began his position in July 2017. Richard will serve a two-year term. Leigh Wilsey served as the Chair of NEFLHCC from 2015 to 2017. She was instrumental in the growth and development of the Coalition. We are grateful for her leadership and commitment over the last two years. The Northeast Florida Healthcare Coalition was formed in 2013 and includes Nassau, Duval, Baker, Clay, Flagler and St. Johns Counties.
The goal of the Coalition is to promote and enhance the emergency preparedness and response capabilities of the healthcare systems in member Counties and the region in general through:
- Building relationships and partnerships
- Facilitating communication, information, and resource sharing
- Promoting situational awareness among NEFLHCC members
- Coordinating training, drills, and exercises
- Strengthening medical surge capacity and capabilities
- Assisting emergency management and ESF 8 partners
- Maximizing movement and efficient utilization of existing resources