July 22, 2019
Orange Park Medical Center has been recognized by Healthgrades in multiple categories pertaining to women's care for the fifth year in a row. Healthgrades is a leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals.
The awards are part of Healthgrades initiative to empower women to own their healthcare journey. The ratings and awards help patients understand a hospital's clinical performance in childbirth, hysterectomies and other gynecologic surgeries, and provide the information needed to make an informed decision on where they seek treatment.
According to Healthgrades, patients have a lower chance of experiencing a complication when treated at a hospital receiving one or more of the Women's Care Specialty Excellence Awards than if they were treated in a hospital that is not a recipient. Orange Park Medical Center has earned nine awards.
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™
- Recognized by Healthgrades for Superior Performance in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Among the Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™
- Recognized by Healthgrades for Superior Performance in Labor and Delivery
- Among the Top 5% of Hospitals Evaluated for Labor and Delivery
- Among the Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Labor and Delivery
- Five-Star Recipient for Vaginal Delivery
- Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery
Healthgrades analyzed patient outcome data for every hospital in 15 states and the District of Columbia that provide all-payer state data. Healthgrades has found that the variation in hospital performance makes a significant difference in terms of clinical outcomes.