Orange Park Medical Center scores high another year in a row with American Heart Association. The hospital is the only in the Greater Southeast, a network of over 800 hospitals across six states, to earn American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® (GWTG) and Mission Lifeline™ Recognition Awards for performance in all five of their programs.
- Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus
- Get With The Guidelines®-Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Gold Award
- Get With The Guidelines®-AFIB Gold Quality Achievement Award
- Mission: Lifeline® Silver Receiving Quality Achievement Award
"A stroke patient loses 1.9 million neurons each minute stroke treatment is delayed. The Stroke Gold Plus recognition shows our commitment to delivering advanced stroke treatments to patients quickly and safely," said VP of Operations Kelly Lindsay.
To qualify for these awards the hospital must meet quality measures developed by the American Heart Association for each category. Earning all five awards demonstrates Orange Park Medical Center's commitment to their community and to not only provide quick and quality treatment to those suffering from a stroke or heart attack but recognizing illnesses such as Atrial Fibrillation (AFIB) that can be the root cause and prevent a stroke or heart attack.
The Greater Southeast area includes hospitals in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Puerto Rico.