August 11, 2020
Orange Park, FL - Orange Park Medical Center has received multiple 2020 Healthgrades awards for their superior performance in Labor and Delivery as well as Obstetrics and Gynecology. This ranks Orange Park Medical Center is in the top 5% of all hospitals evaluated and recognizes the exceptional care of mothers during and after labor and delivery according to Healthgrades.
“Our team goes above and beyond to raise the standard of care for our patients,” said Dr. Nikki Rowan, an Obstetrician and Gynecologist at Orange Park Medical Center. “These awards are the result of everyone’s dedication to giving our patients the quality care they deserve.”
The awards are part of Healthgrades’ initiative to empower women to take charge of their own healthcare journey. The ratings and awards help patients understand a hospital's clinical performance in childbirth, hysterectomies and other gynecologic surgeries, and provide the information needed to make an informed decision on where they seek treatment.
“Today, expectant parents are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of hospital quality and it can be a deciding factor in selecting where to deliver their baby,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Healthgrades. “The 2020 Excellence Awards given to Orange Park Medical Center recognizes the high quality of care they provide for mothers during labor and delivery. Parents can feel confident that they are committed to providing exceptional service to their patients with proven outcomes.”
Healthgrades analyzed patient outcomes data for all patients from 16 individual states for the years 2016 through 2018. For six years running, Orange Park Medical Center earned nine awards:
Women's Services Team
Labor and Delivery Team
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™ (2015-2020)
- Recognized by Healthgrades for Superior Performance in Obstetrics and Gynecology (2015-2020)
- Among the Top 5% of Hospitals Evaluated for Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2020
- Among the Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Obstetrics and Gynecology (2015-2020)
Labor and Delivery
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™ (2015-2020)
- Recognized by Healthgrades for Superior Performance in Labor and Delivery (2015-2020)
- Among the Top 5% of Hospitals Evaluated for Labor and Delivery (2015-2020)
- Among the Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Labor and Delivery (2015-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Vaginal Delivery (2015-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery (2015-2020)
“We congratulate Orange Park Medical Center for their Healthgrades 2020 Excellence Awards exemplifying their commitment to providing superior care for the women within their communities,” said Bowman.
Earlier this year, Orange Park Medical Center announced it was named among Healthgrades’ 2020 America’s 250 Best Hospitals. The distinction places Orange Park Medical Center in the top 5 percent of nearly 4,500 hospitals assessed nationwide for its superior clinical performance as measured by Healthgrades, the leading resource that connects consumers, physicians and health systems.