The Multidisciplinary Care Team of Orange Park Medical Center holds the prestigious cancer program approval by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
Our Comprehensive Cancer Services offer a full spectrum of cancer care to meet the needs of Clay County and the surrounding communities. Our program provides the personalized care of a community hospital with the advances of a respected teaching facility. By providing a complete continuum of care, patients receive full access to specialized clinical services within the hospital and nearby locations.
Education and screening programs (including genetic screening) are provided to promote awareness and early detection. The cancer program also delivers the most current diagnostic and treatment methods as well as support services to help meet the needs of patients and their families. Cancer treatment can be complicated, so you will see many different health care professionals throughout your diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. The members of your health care team are trained to provide you with the best treatments and services available. They are dedicated to your health and well-being.
Coordinated care is provided for each patient by our multidisciplinary team professionals who may be on your team:
- Board certified physicians, including medical and radiation oncologists, surgeons, radiologists and pathologists
- Certified oncology and infusion nurses
- Dedicated nurse managers and oncology educators
- A Certified Nurse Navigator who helps guide patients through diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship
- A Certified Navigator for Breast Imaging
- Pharmacists with board certification in pharmacotherapy
- Registered and certified radiology technicians and laboratory professionals
- Registered dietitians
- Licensed clinical social workers
- Chaplains and volunteers
At Orange Park one hundred percent of our infusion program nursing staff is Oncology Nursing Certified.
Orange Park provides the latest advanced diagnostic and treatment technologies in one patient-centered location together with comprehensive supportive services, including:
- Genetic evaluation and counseling
- Nutrition counseling
- Clinical trials
- Pain management
- Lymphedema therapy
- Phlebotomy services
- Patient and family support groups
- Patient Navigation, which guides patients from pre-diagnosis through all phases of their treatment
- Psycho-social support
- Cancer screenings
- Inpatient and outpatient psychosocial support
- Palliative Care
- Patient education through lectures and seminars