Your hard work over the years has paid off and now you are embarking on the next steps in your professional life. You deserve a program in which your interest as well as your personal growth is stimulated, somewhere where you and your peers can shape your learning experience.
At Orange Park Medical Center we offer all that and much more. We are committed to providing you with an excellent and safe clinical learning environment created by our knowledgeable and compassionate faculty. During the three years of your residency, you will be assigned to a faculty mentor who will review your rotations’ evaluations, track your progress and update Clinical Competence Committee (CCC) on a regular basis. You may also be assigned to a committee based on your interests; these committees will aid in shaping your leadership skills and help you stay ahead of the curve. We will assist you with your research projects, their presentations and publication. You will be a mentor to medical students and upon your graduation we hope you will consider practicing here at Orange Park Medical Center.
Throughout your residency here at Orange Park Medical Center, we offer:
- Personal attention to help you achieve your future goals
- Close working relationships with your peers and faculty to enhance your learning experience
- Focus on ABIM (Board) Exam preparation throughout the year, as well as your future endeavors in clinical practice
- Competitive salary in a wonderful, livable, low-cost, moderate-sized city brimming with cultural activities and minutes away from a broad range of outdoor activities in and around Jacksonville, Florida
Innovative ACGME Internal Medicine Residency Curriculum
The Orange Park Medical Residency Program allows individuals to flourish in a large system with thousands of patients, providing extensive clinical experience.
We will work together as a family to get you ready for your bright future in medicine.
Our Program Offers:
- A strong academic program and nationally recognized faculty in a friendly and an all-brand-new facility
- Attendings who enjoy teaching and encourage hands-on learning
- Superior salary and benefits
Our Unique Features:
- 1st years have no night calls
- 4 + 1 Model (Modeled after Tulane University)
Applying for Residency
All applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) developed by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). In considering applications, we review academic records, letters of recommendation from the Dean’s office, national board scores, publications and honors, as well as the applicant’s interest and goals.
Internal Medicine Brochure (PDF - 643 KB)
Aftab Ahmad, MD, MBA, CPE, FACP, FACHE
Sary Beidas, MD, MBI, FACP, PMP
Associate Program Director