The Family Medicine Residency will prepare you for an exciting and challenging career providing comprehensive primary care to one and all. Experience across specialties and in all settings enables you to meet the needs of your patients in continuity. At Orange Park Medical Center we offer all that and much more. We are committed to providing you with an excellent and safe clinical learning environment created by our knowledgeable and compassionate faculty.
During the three years of your residency, you will have your own continuity practice in all venues. You will gain expertise in office, hospital, emergency, home and residential settings. You will choose a committee based on your interests to aid in shaping your leadership skills and help you stay ahead of the curve. You will participate in research projects, their presentations and publication. You will be a mentor to medical students and upon your graduation we hope you will consider practicing here at Orange Park Medical Center.
Throughout your residency here at Orange Park Medical Center, we offer:
- Exceptionally experienced faculty
- Close working relationships with your peers and faculty to enhance your learning experience
- Focus on ABFM (Board) Exam preparation throughout the year, as well as your future endeavors in clinical practice
- Competitive salary in a wonderful, livable, low-cost, moderate-sized city brimming with cultural activities and minutes away from a broad range of outdoor activities in and around Jacksonville, Florida
Innovative ACGME Family Medicine Residency Curriculum
The Orange Park Medical Residency Program allows individuals to flourish in a large system with thousands of patients, providing extensive clinical experience.
Our Program Offers:
- A strong academic program and nationally recognized faculty in a friendly and an all-brand-new facility
- Attendings who enjoy teaching and encourage hands-on learning
- Superior salary and benefits
Our Unique Features:
- Healthcare to all via a Federally Qualified Health Center
- Each second and third year resident only takes up to 9 night calls during the academic year. First year residents do not take call.
- An exceptional commitment by the institution to the program’s and your personal success
Applying for Residency
All applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) developed by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and through the National Resident Matching Program. In considering applications, we review academic records, letters of recommendation from the Dean’s office, national board scores, publications and honors, as well as the applicant’s interest and goals.
Family Medicine Brochure (600 KB)
ACGME Number: 1201100729
Peter Rives, MD, FAAFP
Associate Program Director
Patricia Gilford, MD, FAAFP
Assistant Program Director
Naganna Channaveeraiah, MD, MBA, FAAFP
Assistant Program Director
Bruce Deschere, MD, MSBA, FAAFP
James Hughes, MHA
Phone: (904) 639-2112
Fax: (904) 639-2015
We will work together as a family to get you ready for your bright future in medicine.