Open Heart Surgery
Open Heart Surgery is part of our comprehensive heart care program. A surgical procedure, called a coronary bypass graft, is often the solution for heart attack patients and those who are at risk for heart attack. Cardiac patients in need of open heart surgery will be cared for by a team of renowned cardiac surgeons who are members of the society of thoracic surgeon’s national registry. Learn more»
Our board-certified interventional cardiologists and highly trained, experienced support staff perform percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI) that include emergent and elective interventions for coronary artery disease. Our program boasts an area low door-to-balloon time, which is measured from the time the patient with complete artery blockage enters the emergency room until the artery is opened in the cardiac cath lab. Our door-to-balloon time is well below the national guideline of 90 minutes. A delay in treatment impacts the level of disability and can even mean the difference between life and death.
The cardiovascular program also offers:
- heart valve replacements and repairs
- general thoracic surgery
- pacemaker and defibrillator implants
- peripheral vascular services, such as peripheral atherectomy and/or stent placement, femoral artery bypass grafts (to bypass blockages in the femoral artery) so patients can have better circulation in their legs and carotid stenting or endarterectomy (to open blocked carotid arteries to prevent stroke).
- abdominal aortic aneurysm repair (to prevent death from rupture of this major artery)
All these procedures can be done on both an elective or emergency basis, and a cardiothoracic surgeon and interventional cardiologist, along with their teams are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our state-of-the-art facilities are equipped with advanced technology.
- Two new cardiovascular operating rooms
- Two new cardiac catheterization labs
- A new cardiovascular intensive care unit.
Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
Our Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit is devoted exclusively to cardiac patients. Specialized cardiac care nurses help patients recover quickly so they can return home within approximately five to seven days. The multidisciplinary team of the hospital’s cardiovascular service line works together with patients and their families to ensure the best post-operative care. The program extends to offering outpatient cardiac rehabilitation.
- Services A-Z
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral Health Services
- Breast Center
- Diabetes Education
- Emergency Care
- EsophyX Procedure
- Fleming Island Imaging
- Heart & Lung Center
- Rehabilitation Center
- Robotic Surgery
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Services
- Trauma Center
- Women's Center
- Wound Care