Fleming Island Imaging
Fleming Island Imaging Center is making it easier for residents to schedule necessary testing. An extension of the imaging services at Orange Park Medical Center, the office offers the convenience of a freestanding center with many of the technologies offered at a hospital.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
To schedule an appointment: (904) 639-8565
For more information call (904) 541-0001
Located in the hub of the community, the Fleming Island Imaging Center will allow you to make the most efficient use of time for you and your family. The center, which opened in Spring 2005, has services offering OPEN MRI, CT, screening mammography, bone densitometry for osteoporosis screening, as well as routine X-rays.
All services are designed to meet the standards set forth by the State of Florida Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. The center was opened in Fleming Island because of the population growth in the area. It allows patients to avoid the drive as well as the hassle of finding parking at Orange Park Medical Center. The convenience of Fleming Island Imaging Center is enhanced by spacious parking accommodations, wheelchair accessibility and scheduling flexibility designed to meet the needs of a busy community.
Today, women are encouraged to have screenings such as mammograms and bone density tests on a regular basis. Fleming Island Imaging Center makes that as convenient as possible by being located in the community.
And, all of the comfort and convenience of Fleming Island Imaging Center is backed by an exceptionally trained and caring technical staff. All of our technologists are registered in their modalities with additional training and certification in their specialty. They are very accommodating and friendly, on top of having the expertise and experience behind them. The radiologists, as members of the medical staff of Orange Park Medical Center, are board-certified by the American College of Radiology. Registered and certified radiologic technologists, mammographers and registered diagnostic medical sonographers provide the technical services.
Fleming Island Imaging Center is focused on providing high-quality care that exceeds the expectations of its patients and their families. Patients receive personalized, professional, one-on-one care.
Adjacent to the Eagle Harbor communities and Fleming Island Plantation, Fleming Island Imaging Center is located at 1685 Eagle Harbor Parkway, Suite #2.
Appointments and walk-ins with a signed physician order are welcome Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Most major insurance is accepted.
WHAT'S NEW: MammoPad
For All Your Imaging Needs!
Orange Park Medical Center's Fleming Island Imaging Center has moved to East Fleming Island, making advanced imaging more convenient for you and those you love.
Over the years, Orange Park Medical Center has demonstrated a strong commitment to providing the best treatments for the community by acquiring state-of-the-art technology. Now patients can receive the same service offered at the most prestigious medical facilities in the United States -- right here close to home.
We Have It All
No matter where you are in the community or what diagnostic test you need, you can find it here. Fleming Island Imaging Center offers a full line of imaging services and is able to meet all the diagnostic needs of your physician. Some of the available tests include:
- Computed Tomography (CT) scan - through cross-sectional images of a section of the body, radiologists can see tumor masses, fluid buildups, and fractured bones.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - With MRI, doctors can clearly see everything from bones to soft tissues. Fleming Island Imaging Center now features the new open MRI, which has all the capabilities of the closed MRI but is more comfortable and is perfect for children, XXL patients or those with claustrophobia.
- Mammography - detects lumps or lesions in breast tissue. Women 40+ (or earlier with a family history of breast cancer) need to get yearly mammograms to help detect early stages of breast cancer.
- Bone Density Scan - This test helps diagnose osteoporosis by measuring the calcium content of the bones to determine the risk for osteoporosis, a bone-brittling disease that can lead to fractures.
- X-Ray - Even though this is the oldest and most basic type of scan in the radiology field, it is still the most frequently used. It can detect problems inside the body by exposing the area of interest to a small amount of radiation (x-ray) and capture it on film, as it is done for broken bones and other conditions.
Along with the full range of diagnostic equipment, the move to East Fleming Island provides comprehensive care in a convenient location with abundant parking.
"We are dedicated to serving every patient with expert, compassionate care," says Jorge Hidalgo, Assistant Director of Imaging, on staff at Orange Park Medical Center. "Our equipment allows us to stay one step ahead, and our staff gives patients individualized attention. We are here when they need us."
For more information about the services offered at Fleming Island Imaging Center call (904) 541-0001. For a map to Fleming Island Imaging Center, click here.
For more information about any of our radiology services, click here.
- Services A-Z
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral Health Services
- Breast Center
- Diabetes Education
- Emergency Care
- EsophyX Procedure
- Fleming Island Imaging
- Heart & Lung Center
- Rehabilitation Center
- Robotic Surgery
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Services
- Trauma Center
- Women's Center
- Wound Care