Our 24-bed inpatient behavioral health unit is located within the hospital. It is designed to meet the needs of people who are seeking more intensive therapy than can be attained on an outpatient basis. The primary goal in this level of care is to help each person return to a level of stability that allows them to continue their therapy on an outpatient basis. Our program offers a safe, caring and comprehensive setting with services that include the following:
- Daily sessions with a psychiatrist
- Daily group therapy sessions with Masters level therapists.
- Family therapy
- Intensive medication management.
- Journaling assignments
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- 24 hour nursing care by registered nurses with certification in psychiatric care.
- Other medical services offered within the hospital that may be necessary.
We specialize in treating people facing:
- Life stress
- Thought disorders including Schizophrenia and psychosis
- Mood disorders
- Problems with addictions
- Eating disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Life trauma
- Grief issues
- Thoughts of self harm
- Relationship problems
Our approach is highly structured and includes therapy sessions on topics including the following:
- Stress management
- Developing relationship skills
- Improving social skills
- Improving skills for managing life decisions
A note about Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
Electroconvulsive therapy is available at Orange Park Medical Center. You might be a candidate for ECT if you suffer from severe depressive symptoms, intractable psychosis, cannot take medications that may stabilize mood, thoughts of suicide/homicide, or a general feeling of hopelessness. If you don’t respond well to antidepressants or have severe mania or schizophrenia that does not respond well to drug treatments, electroconvulsive therapy is an effective way to treat behavioral issues.
For more information or for an emergency evaluation please call our nursing unit at (904) 276-8625.
- Services A-Z
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral Health Services
- Breast Center
- Diabetes Education
- Emergency Care
- EsophyX Procedure
- Fleming Island Imaging
- Heart & Lung Center
- Rehabilitation Center
- Robotic Surgery
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Services
- Trauma Center
- Women's Center
- Wound Care