Refresher course is a good idea for seniors
(HealthDay News) -- For seniors who haven't taken a driving education class in decades, a refresher course may make them much safer drivers.
AARP.org says the potential benefits of a refresher driving class include:
- Learning to minimize the dangers of blind spots.
- Reminder to maintain a safe distance behind the car in front.
- Safety tips for changing lanes and turning in busy intersections.
- Instruction on using newer safety technology, such as antilock brakes, air bags and safety belts.
- Information of how medications may affect driving.
- Tips on avoiding distracted driving.